For users of the Bank’s services via the Internet
To guarantee data safety:
- use passwords consisting of capital and small letters, digits and specific symbols;
- use combinations for your password that are not known or difficult to guess by other persons;
change your passwords on a regular basis;
- memorize the password and do not write it down anywhere;
- when using passwords and registration numbers pay attention whether you are not observed by strangers;
- keep passwords issued to you by the Bank in locations inaccessible to other persons;
- immediately inform the Bank about attempts to lure your password;
- check funds turnover and your account balance on a regular basis.
To guarantee data safety:
- do not use your name or names of close relatives, or dates of birth;
- do not use combinations as passwords that are easy to guess by other persons;
- do not disclose your password, registration number or payment card data to other persons;
- do not disclose this information to close relatives also;
- do not write down passwords;
- do not use information related to passwords or accounts in locations accessible to other persons, and especially in your purse, handbag or close to personal computer;
- do not disclose your balance of account to other persons;
- do not disclose data of five last account transactions to other persons;
- do not present your passport, identification card or driver’s licence to other persons;
- do not provide your password information verbally or by post or e-mail at the request of persons who introduce themselves as the Bank’s employees, as the Bank never requires to provide such information in the above-mentioned manner.
Be especially careful:
- when opening the e-mail messages, browsing on the Internet or copying information from the Internet;
- using the e-services in the Internet café, in other locations than your workplace or home, or places of the public access to the Internet, you must be sure that you are not observed;
- when opening the e-mail messages received from strangers and especially when using hyperlinks sent by them;
- when you wish to log out do not forget to choose item "Close“ and when the note "Log out “ appears on the screen, approve your choice by clicking "OK“;
- when you need a consultation on the e-services, appeal only to the Bank employees for help.
SEB Bank recommends to:
- renew your software version – operational system, anti-virus software and firewall on a regular basis. From the below web sites you may download software enabling you to protect your PC from virus and remove virus free of charge:
- if you wish to scan operational system of your PC and check for virusų click „Start spy audit“;
- if you wish to remove the virus recognized in your PC with the help of "Spy Sweeper“, select Item „Try It“ and download software "Spy Sweeper“ (you may use it for the period of 30 days);
- if you want to protect your PC from hijackers click on „Start your free scan now“ ;
- if you wish to check for virus and remove virus from your PC, click on: http://www.omniquad.com/downloads.htm, http://www.intermute.com/products/index.html, http://www.itcompany.com/remover.htm?AfID=1896.
- use the latest versions of the of the Internet browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer www.microsoft.com and Netscape Communicator www.netscape.com.
- use the digital pass proposed by the Bank. At present, the digital pass is the latest and safest customer identification tool: it is necessary to know your PIN code, and in each case when logging in to the Internet a one-off password is being generated.
- contact your PC maintenance specialist if you identified virus or received a proposal to install any unknown software.
- establish a sufficient limit of the Internet transactions and increase it only when necessary.
- If you have been issued a password card you may select any limit however not higher than the largest mandatory limits established by SEB Bank: limit per one transaction - LTL 4,000 and daily transactions’ limit 4,000.
AB SEB bankas