E-signature and mobile e-signature
E-signature and mobile e-signature is an electronic counterpart of an individual’s personal identity document (e. g., passport) or his or her usual signature, and is created using secure e-signature means.
Such means perform the functions of a password card and a digipass – they may be used in a secure, fast and convenient way:
- to log in to SEB Bank’s Internet services website
- approve payment transactions as well as documents submitted to the bank
E-signature may also be used for using electronic services provided by Lithuanian financial and telecommunication companies and public entities (Sodra, Centre of Registers, State Tax Inspectorate, etc.).
For confirmation of your identity, for approving transactions and documents by your e-signature or mobile e-signature, you have to have an e-signature means or, if you want do all this by mobile phone (without using any additional equipment), a mobile e-signature means.
For creating an e-signature, any of the following two secure e-signature means are used, namely:
- new-standard chip personal ID card issued by the Residents Register Agency since 2009
- Special USB memo or any other type of medium issued by State Enterprise Centre of Registers
Mobile e-signature means
Mobile e-signature means is a special SIM card, which may be acquired from a mobile communication operator. At present, customers of Omnitel, Bitė Lietuva and Tele2 may sign by their mobile signature at SEB Bank’s Internet services website. For more information please visit:
- for Omnitel AB clients (in Lithuanian)
- for Bitė Lietuva UAB clients (in Lithuanian)
- for Tele2 UAB clients (in Lithuanian)
Have you got an e-signature means? Start using it!
If you are user of SEB Bank’s Internet services website:
- in the usual way (using your password card or digipass) log in to the Internet services website
- select menu item Agreements and Requests –> E-signature / Mobile signature
- indicate the e-signature means that you intend to use from now on
Such means are secure! E-signature means is protected by a password, which is known only to its holder. Without knowing the password, the e-signature means cannot be used. Security experts have recognised such means to be secure.