Pay via Mobile Internet
On the bus, at a nightclub, in the forest, in a bathtub or even on the roof... Wherever you are, with the help of your Mobile Internet you may pay and handle your bank account any time round the clock.
Log in and pay
1. With your mobile phone, log in to the Mobile Internet website wap.seb.lt (you will have to enter your log-in code numbers).
2. Select TRANSFERS → PAYMENTS AND FEES.
3. From the company list select the required company (the list contains 10 companies to which payments are made most often).
4. Fill out the payment document and confirm your payment.
Failed to find the required company in the list?
If you failed to find the required company in the list, you can make an ordinary money transfer (payments via Mobile Internet may be made only to accounts in Lithuania). All you need to know is the payee’s main requisite information: bank account number, company code, etc.
1. Select TRANSFERS, click on LOCAL.
2. Fill out the payment document and confirm your payment.
The bank fees for services via the Internet and Mobile Internet are the same – there are no additional fees for payment via Mobile Internet. Yet for the Mobile Internet communication you may have to pay to the mobile communication operator.
What to start with?
For payments via the Mobile Internet, you need:
- account with SEB Bank;
- a signed E-services agreement (PDF, 36 KB),* which you will sign free of charge at any SEB Bank unit;
- mobile phone with installed mobile browser (WAP). Such browser is available in nearly every modern mobile phone.
*This document is translated into the English language (unofficial translation).