How to Use a Payment Card Safely?
A payment card is about keeping your money safe, therefore, one has to be reasonable and responsible in using the card. Your card requires no less attention than your wallet or purse!
If you have lost your card, please notify the bank at any time by tel: 1528, (8 5) 268 2610, (8 5) 212 5910 by e-mail: email@example.com. Be sure, things can be fixed!
It is not complicated and really worth
- protecting the card PIN code. Do not write the code on the card or on a piece of paper kept together with the card. The best way is to memorize the code and to burn the received PIN code envelope;
- not disclosing the PIN code to any other persons – even your family members. If you suspect that other persons have become aware of your PIN code, please notify SEB Bank about it;
- not giving your card to anybody. If you pay by card, observe the seller’s actions and see that your card is not taken away. If the seller’s behaviour is suspicious, you should request him or her to explain it or, if it seems important, inform SEB Bank about it;
- covering the keyboard with your hand when entering the PIN code at a store, restaurant, an ATM, etc.;
- making certain that the amount payable is correct and only then confirm it by your signature or PIN code. The price of the purchase is indicated on the cash receipt or on the screen of the card reading device;
- regularly checking the balance in your card account;
- setting limits to the card account. It is especially important when there is more money in your account than needed for daily expenses. You may set limits at any branch office of SEB Bank, or via the Internet.
Your money will be safer if
- you return invalid cards to the bank.
- you sign in the designated space immediately after the receipt of a new payment card.
- you do not keep your cards in places accessible to others, if you do not leave your card at an ATM or a points of sale after using the card.
- you do not disclose the card number, validity date, performed operations, account balance and similar data to anybody. Please remember that the bank never requests to submit this or any similar information by telephone, post or e-mail.
- you take interest in the reliability of electronic stores that are unknown to you before buying. If you have any doubts regarding the reliability of an e-store, do not pay by card.