- 60% of time work on real projects
- 40% of time work in innovation Lab
- July and August
- Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn
How your internship will look like
60% of your time will be devoted for tasks at the bank
- You’ll work at one of the bank's units and address actual challenges that will help you to acquire professional skills.
- You’ll have a personal mentor to take care of your activities and development.
- You’ll cooperate with professionals experienced in their own areas and learn from them.
- You’ll turn your theoretical knowledge acquired at the university into professional skills by working with the unit of you have chosen.
40% of your time will be devoted for innovative and creative activities
- Every Tuesday within 6 weeks, you’ll attend creative workshops, brainstorming sessions and meetings with professionals in various fields.
- You’ll be part of a team of 4-6 people and have a possibility to put yourself in the shoes of a start-up – to create prototypes and test new ideas.
- You’ll compete with other teams and fight for the title of the best team during the Baltic DEMO Day.
- You’ll find inspiration at internal employee events and workshops with external guests.
The selection to the Youth Lab is already over.
We kindly invite you to apply next year.
- Within March 1-31, submit your application to participate in the Youth Lab program.
- By April 13, we will contact you and inform about candidates invited to the selection event.
- On April 20, a virtual selection event will take place.
- By May 4, we will inform you, if you have been selected to participate in the program.
- In May we will send invitations to sign an agreement.
- On July 2, the opening event of the Youth Lab will take place.
Join the summer internship programme, if
- you can participate in the program from late June to mid-August
- you’ll have a possibility to be physically at work with your mentor every working day and spend every Tuesday at the SEB Innovations Centre
- you believe that the banking sector must change and you are ready to contribute to the achievement of a change
Highlights from last year
Youth Lab is an excellent opportunity for students not only to gain experience in the area that is of interest to them, but also to learn to work in a team, to address a bank’s real challenges. I had my own internship at the Products and IT department, I was a software tester there. It helped me understand how the IT team works on a big project. I realized this is a place where I’d like to continue my career, so I was very happy to receive an offer of employment some time later.
/ Aneta Bagačiūnaitė
Youth Lab is a unique opportunity to get to know how a bank functions from the inside and become a part of the bank. I had my internship at the Baltic Operations Centre, so I saw how our, the customers’, daily transactions are performed in the banking systems. After six weeks of not only performing the daily tasks of a bank employee, but also addressing the bank’s challenges, I received an invitation to stay with the bank and to become a true banker. For more than half a year now it is with a big and happy smile that I open the door of SEB Bank every morning.
/ Giedrė Ivoškaitė
Internship at SEB was not only work in our own fields – we also had challenges that require not only professional competence, but also the ability to analyze problems, find solutions, learn to work in a team. After the internship, I used to look through job ads. When I found an offer that suited me, I filled in an application. I was contacted by the manager, who had been my internship tutor. She invited me for an interview. I applied because I liked the atmosphere and the very nature of work.
/ Paulius Dzenkaitis
In summer, I applied for an internship, because a bank always seemed to me an attractive place to work, where I though it would be great to try and see if I’m fit for it. When I started my internship, I understood I was right. Every day I met challenges, found ideas and solutions there. And even if there are quite a few challenges, the atmosphere at work has always been great! After receiving the offer to join the team, I did not hesitate at all and I am very happy to be a part of SEB Bank.
/ Dovilė Šalkutė
I joined the Youth Lab, because I wanted some interesting activities during the summer. I was bored of seasonal jobs and I wanted to put myself to test in a field related to my studies – I chose programming. Amazingly, the internship gave me much more than what I was looking for. Everything exceeded my expectations. At my place of internship, I met a friendly team. I even had to learn a new programming language. We were eagerly waiting for Tuesdays, when we, all the trainees, gathered at the Innovations Centre to create our small start-up. There, it was necessary to combine creativity and critical thinking in raising problems, finding solutions and putting all that into life in just a few weeks. A few months after the internship, my internship manager contacted me and offered me a job. I didn’t hesitate a moment hearing this, as I knew I would be well received here again. I don’t think I would have changed all this experience in any way whatsoever.
/ Deividas Šimkus