Bonds, debt securities
Bonds are intended for customers who prefer investments with a predictable level of earnings. These fixed-income securities have a pre-defined and fixed interest income (coupons) and a pre-defined maturity term. You can sell bonds before their maturity date. In such a case, the bond price will depend on the market situation existing at the time of the selling thereof and of the level of interest rates.
- Predictable level of earnings
- You can sell bonds before their maturity date
- Fluctuations of the return on investments are lower in comparison to the investment funds
- There is a risk that the issuer of these securities may default on its obligation to settle with investors by the set deadlines and on defined terms
- Changes to the interest rates on the market may alter the value of investments in these debt securities. As interest rates on the market increase, the value of investment in debt securities decreases.
- Investors investing in long-term debt securities take a higher risk than when they invest in short-term debt securities
Pricing of investment products depends largely on the market you are planning to invest in. However, you should consider with the following fees:
- Securities account opening, which is free of charge in Internet Bank
- When buying from SEB Market brokers, a trading spread applies. When buying through a stock exchange, the trading spread does not apply, but a one-time trading fee applies
- Monthly safekeeping fee
- A financial transaction tax may apply in some countries
Debt securities can be issued by governments of different countries or companies. The return on investment depends on the credit risk of the entity, which is usually defined by a credit rating.
Not sure how to start? Our consultants can help.
- You can consult online via video meeting
- Review of your financial situation
- We will recommend solutions based on your situation and needs