We want you to pursue your goals with care
You can borrow a larger amount of money for your different needs
Under certain circumstances you can postpone payment of instalments
Check your opportunities to borrow and calculate the approximate loan amount you can get
Typical example for calculating annual percentage rate
If a loan of EUR 90,000 secured by real estate collateral is granted for the period of 25 years and 300 loan instalments based on the annuity method will be made, the total amount to be paid by such borrower will make EUR 175,971.06, monthly instalment – EUR 579.35. The annual percentage rate will make 6.33 per cent. Annual percentage rate showing the total cost of a loan is calculated by including the below instalments made within the entire loan period:
- 5.9 per cent yearly variable interest
- EUR 450 agreement fee
- EUR 8.6 mortgage (pledge) registration fee
- EUR 1 per month minimum fee for main banking services
- EUR 61 dwelling insurance annual premium
Note. Property valuation costs and the commission for the services provided by a credit intermediary are not included.
Annual percentage rate and the total amount to be paid by the borrower are calculated considering that the loan is disbursed on the agreement signature date and that the terms of the agreement, interest rate and fees do not change within the entire loan period, and the terms and conditions of the agreement are timely implemented. If you fail to fulfil or unduly fulfil the terms of the loan agreement, the risk exists that you may be deprived of the ownership right to the pledged real estate. The mortgaged real estate must be insured in favour of the bank during the entire loan period.
What SEB offers
- Interest rate is set individually
- Possibility to delay principal payments
- You can make a full or partial loan early repayment in the internet bank, as well as conveniently change monthly payment date and account
More about home equity loan
Home loan and loan to private individual (subject to real estate pledge)
|Annual interest rate
|fixed on individual basis
|0.5 percent of the loan amount, at least EUR 250
No fee applies for Green home loan
|0.4 percent per year of the undisbursed loan amount
|Fee for a consent to provide a second ranking pledge of property to another creditor
|A change of payment day
|On the Internet Bank – free of charge
At branch – EUR 30
|A change of repayment account
|Free of charge
|Other amendments to the terms and conditions of the loan agreement
|Free of charge
|Amendment to terms and conditions of a loan agreement in case of:
|If variable interest rate is applied:
|If fixed interest is applied:
|1.5 percent of outstanding loan, at least EUR 250
|year(s) until expiry of fixed interest rate period -
percent of outstanding loan, at least EUR 250
|up to 5 year (inclusive)up to 5 year (inclusive) - 1.5
|6–10 (inclusive) - 3
|1 percent of outstanding loan, at least EUR 250
|At variable interest rate that varies all throughout the loan period
|At variable interest rate which is established for the initial period and which, upon expiry of the initial period, varies throughout the remaining loan period
|over the initial period – statutory fee (The Rules for Calculation of Compensation), however, not more than 3% of the amount of the prepaid loan or any part thereof
not applied upon expiry of the initial period
|At fixed interest rate
|statutory fee (The Rules for Calculation of Compensation), however, not more than 3% of the amount of the prepaid loan or any part thereof
|Documentation related to a credit agreement: certifications, official letters, consents, permissions, approvals
|Uninsured Collateral Administration Fee (applied if a collateral is a residential real estate object)
|EUR 20.00 per month
The fee is charged if the collateral is not insured for more than 30 days
Basic lending conditions
Requirements for the borrower
Loans are available to adult nationals of the Republic of Lithuania and individuals with a permit of permanent residence in Lithuania who are receiving permanent income, in particular:
The total amount of monthly instalments paid to various credit institutions should not exceed 40 per cent of your total monthly net income.
Amount and maturity
The amount and maturity of the loan depend on the value of mortgaged property – we can lend you an amount equalling 60 per cent of the value of mortgaged property. The available maturity is up to 15 years.
The loan amount also depends on the assessment of the family’s financial capacity to repay the loan.
Loans are available in euros.
When signing a loan agreement, you may select the interest rate: variable or fixed.
Variable interest may be of two types:
Fixed interest rate may be approved, if your loan period does not exceed 10 years. Fixed interest rate selected by you will be approved for the entire credit period.
Interest will accrue on the outstanding loan, and we will calculate it considering that a year consists of 360 days.
Both a new fixed and variable interest will be determined depending on the situation in the lending market, the loan amount maturity, assessment of your financial potential, individual credit risk, and also on the number and type of services provided to you by SEB Bank.
Repayment of the loan is normally secured by taking out a mortgage against housing. Requirements:
Once the bank has disbursed the funds of the loan, your instalments will be debited from your chosen account on the agreed payment dates. The first instalment is interest only.
If you can afford higher instalments from the beginning, it is worth choosing the linear method because the amount of interest paid will be lower over the whole term.
If you are facing an emergency, you can file us a request to postpone payment o instalments without changing the final loan maturity date. During the grace period only interest is payable.
|you lose job
|up to 6 months
|your income drops
|up to 6 months
|family loses breadwinner (spouse)
|up to 12 months
|you become incapacitated, partially incapacitated or become ill and can’t work for more than 2 months
|up to 12 months
We recommend aligning the credit grace period with the period you can’t work
|up to 6 - 12 months
|aftermath of fire or other natural disasters
|up to 12 months
|you start studying
|up to 3 months
|up to 6 months
|in case of compulsory initial military service
|within the entire period of compulsory military service
On our Internet Bank you can conveniently manage your loan agreement on your own:
change the loan payment day
|At a branch
|On the Internet Bank
|The change of payment day fee
change the repayment account
make a partial or full loan prepayment, if the credit is issued at variable interest rate that varies all throughout the loan period or at variable interest rate which is established for the initial period and which, upon expiry of the initial period, varies throughout the remaining loan period, and if the initial period has expired
To change any other terms and conditions of the agreement, on the Internet Bank please submit your application for amending the agreement by selecting the required loan in “My credits“ and then go to "Other changes".
Documents required from you and your spouse:
- Loan application
- Personal identity documents (passport of a Lithuanian national or personal identity card)
- Consents to retrieving your data from external databases
Additional documents that may be required:
- Statements on wages from the last 12 months (on the employer's letterhead signed by the head and CFO of the company and sealed)
- Employment contracts
- A tax return approved by the State Tax Inspectorate if you are a sole proprietor
- Copyright contracts, if part of your income is generated under such contracts
- Other certificates or documents which testify to your family income
Additional documentation that may be required if you apply for a loan to build or reconstruct a home:
- Contract for works if the works are performed with a contractor
- Construction permit and other design documentation
- Documents testifying to the title to a parcel of land or leasehold interest
- Cost estimate for construction or reconstruction work and timetable for completion of the work
In each individual case we may ask you for more documentation.
For more information about a loan, lending terms and fees please contact us at +370 5 268 2800
Borrowing is always associated with the risk of being unable to fulfil your assumed obligations properly and in due time, so before you decide to take out a loan, consider this risk carefully.
Use the home loan calculator to calculate a loan instalment that you could pay the bank every month without difficulty and consider the risk of decreased income. We also recommend considering the risk of increased instalments related to a rise in the interest rate and the risk of borrowing in a foreign currency.
According to the Responsible Lending Regulations of the Bank of Lithuania, we will provide you with instalment samples and other information related to concluding a loan agreement before signing the loan agreement. Please compare the different offers and make an informed decision.
Please note that you need to take out a mortgage against property to secure repayment of the loan. If the assumed financial liabilities are not fulfilled, there occurs a risk to lose title to the property.
The bank has the right to refuse giving out a loan.
Want to consult?
Our experts will help you
Our experts will help you
- You can get a video consultation online
- During the consultation, we will discuss your needs and the kind of home you want to buy
- If you haven't chosen a property yet, we'll help you better understand your needs
- We will discuss your personal and family options (income and liabilities) and help you to find solutions to buy your own home
- Documents required: personal documents (ID card or passport), information about the property you have chosen (price, area, neighbourhood, if available, valuation report of the property you want to buy).
Safe Loan Insurance
- In case of any illness, injury or job loss, you will be paid periodic benefits equal to the credit instalment or selected portion hereof paid by you
- In case of any severe accident, your immediate family will be protected against all outstanding financial obligations or any portion thereof
- It will help you and your family meet all financial obligations and retain rights to your home or other assets